How often do you get the chance to watch the sun set AND rise from the top of a mountain? This Family Day Weekend in Vancouver (February 11 – 12, 2017) Grouse Mountain will be staying open for 24 consecutive hours of winter fun.
There will be round-the-clock activities to keep you awake throughout the night including Skiing, Riding, Snowshoeing, Light Walk, Skating, Ziplining, DJs, a torch parade, and much much more.
The 24 Hours of Winter celebration is held as a sort of “remembrance” of the 2010 Winter Olympics games held in Vancouver. And what better way to remember those awesome times than with a full day, night, and another day filled with snowy, winter activities!
During the event, the ski runs and terrain park will be open from 8:30 am Saturday until 10 pm Sunday, while other activities will have varying timelines. Not sure how you can fill up 24 hours at Grouse Mountain? Here are a few ideas to make the most of the event if you’re up for the challenge of conquering all 24 hours:
- Skiing/Snowboarding (8:30am Saturday – 10pm Sunday)
- Snowshoeing (9am – dusk on Saturday and Sunday)
- Mountaintop ice skating (noon Saturday – 10pm Sunday)
- There will be a live DJ spinning tunes from 7-10pm on Saturday to turn the ice rink into a mountaintop dance club!
- Light Walk (dusk – 10pm, Saturday and Sunday)
- Ziplining (12 – 5pm Saturday and Sunday)
- Jam Over the City Rail Jam (1pm to 3pm, Saturday)
- Torch Parade (Saturday at 9pm) – A line of torch bearers will enthusiastic skiers carving their way down the mountain. Best views are from the Peak Flats and Lower Peak.
- Winter Mingler (10pm – midnight, Saturday) – Get out of the cold for a bit of fun mingling with cool tunes, prizes and fun board games.
For your convenience, a complimentary shuttle will also be running from 12am to 7am on Sunday between Grouse Mountain and key North Vancouver locations including Lonsdale Quay and Capilano Road.
If you can’t get enough of Grouse Mountain for the first 24 hours, come back on Monday! Grouse Mountain will be giving BC residents lift tickets at 50% off to celebrate Family Day on Monday February 13.
Learn more about what will be open during the 24 Hours of Winter event by visiting the Grouse Mountain website. We’ll see you up there… Last one to fall asleep, wins!