The TED Talks Conference event is known around the world as an enlightening speaking series that has featured some of the most recognizable names in society. The next TED Talks Conference is taking place from April 24 – 27, 2017 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. However, tickets to the event can be a little mind-blowing for the average person at $ 2,000 – $ 6,000 a seat (plus they’ve sold out already).
So, how can someone on a budget get to experience TED2017 in Vancouver? Luckily, there are a few options for those who want to watch this year’s speakers, the likes of which include Serena Williams and Elon Musk.
Once a year, the world’s most powerful ideas are shared on the TED stage in Vancouver, BC. More than 50 speakers are scheduled to take the stage in Vancouver for the annual TED Talks. This year, you can watch the event in a special experience for cinemas, captured live.
TED Talks 2017 is focused on “The Future You” with a hard look at the seismic shifts that are altering the way the world works with insights into how we can foster personal learning, growth and empowerment. The talks will leave you inspired and prepared for the change that’s ahead.
There will be 3 shows available for viewing in select cinemas across Vancouver starting April 24:
- Opening Event: Take a front-row seat at TED2017 Opening Night – the kickoff to the week-long TED conference. Experience revelatory TED Talks and performances as they unfold for the first time on the TED stage in Vancouver, BC.
- TED Prize Event: Watch tennis icon Serena Williams, acclaimed healthcare reformer Atul Gawande, plus a surprise talk from one of the world’s most revered figures. Then comes the climactic moment of TED, where the $ 1 million TED Prize is awarded for a world-changing idea.
- Highlights Exclusive: This exclusive show, created just for cinema audiences, highlights the best moments from the TED2017 conference. The program will include a new interview with Elon Musk about what an exciting future looks like, among other inspiring and insightful TED Talks and performances from the week.
The cinemas in Vancouver screening the TED Talks 2017 event include:
- The Park Theatre (3440 Cambie Street, Vancouver)
- Cineplex Odeon Park & Tilford (333 Brooksbank Ave, North Vancouver)
- SilverCity Metropolis Cinemas (4700 Kingsway, Burnaby)
You can also search the map for a cinema closer to you screening the shows on April 24, 25, and 30. Tickets are around $ 23 for each screening.
In addition, there are usually several live web streams of the event screened at libraries and other locations around Vancouver. Last year the event was streamed in libraries and universities, including:
- Vancouver Public Library – Main Branch
- Kitsilano Branch – Vancouver Public Library
- Renfrew Branch – Vancouver Public Library
- The University of British Columbia
For more information about TED Talks Vancouver, visit the official website. The event begins on April 24, 2017 and runs until April 28, 2017 in Vancouver.