McArthurGlen Designer Outlet is calling all yogis to join them to say namast-eh as part of their Canada Day celebrations. On July 1st, 500 yogis dressed in white will return to participate in Canada’s 150th birthday in true Vancouver fashion at the centre. This event is open to anyone wishing to downward-dog and say “Namast-eh?” for Canada. The iconic Lolë White Tour has taken place at major world sites and landmarks including the Eiffel Tour and Central Park.
Tickets are now available for $ 19.50 at http://bit.ly/McArthurGlenxLole2017, and include a yoga mat and a Lolë gift bag filled with McArthurGlen goodies. Partial proceeds will be donated to KidSport Richmond, a national not-for-profit organization that provides financial assistance for sports registration fees and equipment to kids. Participants are encouraged to arrive at 9:30 a.m., with the session starting at 10:00 a.m. set to live classical music.
Following the outdoor yoga session, the centre will host a jam-packed day to continue the celebration. In addition to the opening of Kate Spade New York, shoppers will be treated to steep discounts up to 70 per cent less on the latest summer fashion from the centre’s brands. Guests will also be able to enjoy music entertainment, such as the Vancouver Orchestral Club Symphony who are returning with a “Broadway Comes to Canada” performance, as well as an abundance of family-friendly activities including scavenger hunts, games, face painting and free treats.
Schedule of Events:
- 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Lolë White Tour On The Road (session starts at 10:00 a.m.)
- 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. – Official kick off of Summer Sale
- 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Family-friendly scavenger hunt
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Face-painting, Foto Bus and games/entertainment
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – 9 Piece Jazz Funk Band – Camaro 67
- 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Vancouver Orchestral Club Symphony performance and birthday celebration. Opening act will lead the crowd in an impactful “O Canada” to celebrate Canada’s 150th. Following the performance, guests will be treated to a Canada-themed cupcake.
With the centre’s close proximity to the Canada Line, all guests are encouraged to take public transit on Canada Day to avoid any delays. McArthurGlen is easily accessible via the Canada Line’s Templeton Station – just 3 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown Vancouver.